gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Soft Pretzel

This might be my new fight name of the hour. No one name has stuck yet. I'm flexible, but I tap out a lot. Does tapping out too much make me soft? I wonder if giving in too much is my way of normalizing or rationalizing the failure part of learning.

I tap out pretty easily, because in my mind, it's practical. Training is practice, and I'd really like to stay calm and not get so frustrated that I get mad... or get hurt. I'm not sure if this dampens my 'fighting spirit,' but I'd say I'm still the tiny and tough one at the gym, but i'm not violent. Some of these new white belts are so wild and forceful, it's a little scary. One is testing my un-pancakeness, but i'm doing okay. Pancakes Are Still Only For Breakfast. haha. sounds like my movie sequel.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember that the more you tap the better you get. Keith Owen has a great philosophy on tapping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JsEOI5sLRM , that I completely subscribe to. Just make it a point to remember how they tapped you, and if the person is willing get them to demonstrate how they tapped you on someone else.

    ReplyDelete