gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yes, I'm still Training

aaahhhh... with vacation and starting a new job, i'm running once a week and at the gym about twice a week. I still feel like I'm learning and growing each day. The comments at the gym have been, "whoa, you don't get tired" and "you're flexible." Yes, I suppose these elements help me out... but I'm still largely feeling stuck and stuck and stuck. I've been working on escape drills, but there are times that I still feel I am fighting strength against strength... which is not good. (especially for me).

Last week, I ran, I think further than I've ever run before... 4 Miles - on the beach! We ran 2 miles down to the pier. I thought I'd pushed myself and did so well. I did those 2 miles in 20 minutes with the soft sand and all. Turning around... I thought the way back would be some jogging, some sprinting and delusionally, I really believed walking would be a large part of that. haha. but I did it. I ran the whole way back!! I gulped down 6 glasses of water after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment