gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Sunday, July 18, 2010

An 'Easy' Run

After a day of much needed relaxation and a nap, we were ready to run at night. Quite a change from 7:30am to 7:30pm, but both take quite a bit of motivation. Good thing I have Mr. Gary Gross. His Superhero power is iron will and determination.

Regular rotations, calisthenics and stretching were a start, but then we just did an 18 minute slower run together, which was nice. Without stopping, we went straight into sprinting in between mailboxes – sprint for two-mailbox length, jog for one. (5 minutes for me, 7 for Gary). I don’t think this neighborhood really knows what to make of us. I don’t think they’ve ever heard anyone huff and puff and groan the way I do… quite improper for suburbia. After this, we stood in our driveway doing the hand gripping routine from class – arms straight out - 25 forward, 25 side, 25 above head, 25 side w/ palms facing up, 50 forward.

This was actually an easier routine, but my legs still felt numb and weak, and my lungs hurt even in 85 degree weather.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh your blog makes me motivated and tired at the same time. The motivation only lasts a second though. =]

    That does not sound easy. Congrats on the improvement.

    ReplyDelete