gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Little Dry Heave

Today was running… at 7:30 this morning. Same little warm up with rotations, calisthenics, and stretching. Then, 5 minutes jogging warm up, and I did two rounds of 5 minutes all out running and Gary did his Seven minutes (4 minutes rest in between). The third surprise round was sprinting between mailboxes, alternated with jogging. jog-sprint-jog-sprint-jog-sprint-jog-sprint for 5 minutes (Gary for 7).

After the first round of all-out running, came my first little dry heave of the 90 day adventure. Nothing majorly traumatic, but it told me I was doing a good job ;-) I changed my strategy from last week’s running. I was pacing myself too much last week. This time, I ran as fast and as hard as I could for as long as I could at first and then kept going for the rest of the time, however fast I could at that moment… with an extra hard push for the last 30 seconds. This way, I’ll be able to go hard and fast for longer and longer, until I get the whole 5 minutes that way. I am so used to goals of distance, that this is a change to be extra conscious about speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment