gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stink-O-Rama

Gary used to come over to my apartment after Jiu-Jitsu. I would throw his Gi in the washing machine, and wonder how it could possibly still stink so much after being cleaned… I don’t wonder any more. My cute little Gi with pink stars doesn’t smell so terrific.

The Gi’s get hung up in the bathroom, which makes for permanent stink sauna. And the office is now home to a drying rack full of gym clothes, including one pair of little spandex shorts I’ve had since the 3rd grade. They have the name label my grandma sewed into all of our clothes for camp. They’re perfect under the Gi pants. Last week, my arm hardly brushed up against Gary’s rash guard shirt, and then my arm stunk. It’s intense.

We also switched to natural deodorant, which isn’t doing much to help the stink situation, but somehow, I don’t really care that much. The day of purchase, I felt like this was crossing a certain threshold into hippie-dom, like taking a final bow out from mainstream society.

We just laugh a lot. (my mother would be horrified)

1 comment:

  1. On that topic, Julia's post on BJJ smells is worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete