gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Superfoods!

With all of the physical and emotional strain of Fight Training, I am being conscientious of the foods I eat. Yes, I’ll still eat ice cream and the occasional item made by food chemists and factories, but I’ve come a long way from secretly eating single-serving microwave pierogies and expensive take-out sushi. This morning I finally found a tasty use for goji berries -- 5 grain oatmeal on the stove with natural peanut butter, goji berries and a banana. Yum. Last night quickie dinner was quinoa with tomatoes, chickpea mash, kale and fried up little chicken cutlets (which, frying also falls into the category of doing something that scares me). We eat a lot of miso and seaweed, and lots of superfoods, which are fun to read about in the ‘100 Best Health Foods’ book. Barnes and Noble Bargain Books sections are the best, even if it is a big box store where you walk in and lose track of what city you’re in. I still have soreness and lots of random bruises, but my body does heal quickly. I like to eat often anyway, so my new Gary Gross prescribed snack is a fruit, some nuts, and a bite of raw green vegetable. Gary’s mom is the queen of healthy, tasty snacks, so first homework assignment: get recipes from Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment