gggrrrrr

gggrrrrr
first day with my Gi

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slow Motion

Oy. Running.

Lacing up my sneakers, I felt a slight tinge of nervousness. 5 minutes is a long time of suffering to do it right, but it could be nothing compared to lingering disappointment.

We were out there, right around the time when the sun was starting to shine in your eyes, (good thing Gary made me put on sunscreen) and also, around the time when the local sky writing starts.. “Jesus Loves You” “ Trust in God.” It’s too bad that doesn’t personally inspire me. It would be funny if the neighbors that are out early in the morning cheered us on. One guy offered Gary a gatorade, which was pretty funny. I was 100 meters behind him, and all I heard was Gary say, “I’m okay. Yeah I’m good thanks.” I thought the guy was asking Gary if he was okay, because he looked like he was about to keel over. haha. Which didn’t surprise me. I know what Gary’s face looks like when he’s so focused and determined it seems aliens have abducted him from this world.

We did three rounds of all-out runs. On the first, I ran faster for longer, which was more sustainable than fastest for a short time and then having to slow down so much it’s almost like rest/recovery. I’m not exactly sure what’s best, yet. This was less scary, though, than nearly sprinting up front and knowing you have to continue for the whole time. The second round was just running hard as I can for each moment and pushing through. On the third one, it felt like a dream. You think you’re moving your arms and legs as fast as you can… and really, you're hardly moving at all.

Not done yet… still to come was 10 mailbox sprints, pull-ups (3 sets of 8 w/ pulling your body up to the right – middle- left- middle, etc.) and grip exercises.

And with all of this pain… I still looked at the leaf piles in the backyard, thinking I’d rather be doing this than yard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment